One Eight Teen Journal: A Confirmation Student Handbook
Consider this One Eight Teen Journal a "walking companion" - one that can point things out to the teens that they need to hear when you can't be there. Filled with scripture verses, Catechism and YouCat references, reflections, challenges, and much more!
Download a PDF preview
The journey towards the Sacrament of Confirmation is a journey...not a destination. Each Confirmation session is not meant to be something that a teen sits through to go through all the requirements. When the teens leave the parish hall, this One Eight Teen Journal can go with them.
Consider this One Eight Teen Journal a “walking companion” – one that can point things out to the teens that they need to hear when you can’t be there. This journal can be used in numerous different ways. Teens can use it to further what they hear in the larger group meetings. They can journal their thoughts or write out questions so that they can ask them at their next Confirmation meeting or run them by their sponsor or youth minister.
In this journal, teens will be given many things: God’s timeless truth through Sacred Scripture, explanations of teachings through Catechism references, excerpts from Catholic authors who know how to break down big theological concepts into easily understandable ideas, challenges and a lot more tools that were designed to help you on this “walk” toward the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Here's a quick breakdown of the One Eight Teen Journal:
- Scripture verses that directly unpack each topic
- Catechism and Youcat references for easy and quick access to the Church's teachings on related subjects
- Bullet point summations of the Church's teachings on key doctrinal concepts
- Quotes from Saints
- Reflections from teens in their own words
- Excerpts from solidly Catholic authors on various topics
- Challenges on living out the principles taught and explained
- Discussion starters and questions for personal reflection or small group discipleship
- Space for journaling and reflecting on core concepts
We believe the One Eight Teen Journal is one of the strongest books we've ever written. Don't miss out on this opportunity to positively impact a teen's life during their journey toward the Sacrament of Confirmation and their entire walk with Christ.
Also available! One Eight Confirmation Curriculum. Confirmation is not a graduation. It's a transformation. Transform your confirmation preparation today with Life Teen's One Eight Confirmation Curriculum.