One Eight Confirmation Program
One Eight is a comprehensive, relevant, and engaging Confirmation program designed to fit your parish guidelines.
Download a PDF preview
*Imprimatur from Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted, Diocese of Phoenix, March 2013
One Eight is Life Teen's Confirmation program based off on Acts 1:8, "But you will receive power when the holy Spirit comes upon you,
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, throughout Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
This NEW, IMPROVED and EXPANDED version of One Eight includes:
- Updated and all new sessions, including sessions on evangelization, vocation, the Sacrament of Baptism, and the Incarnation of Christ.
- An all-new, full length and high quality (weekend) Confirmation retreat based on the seven virtues.
- Sample parent letters, registration forms, guidelines for interviewing candidates and interview forms, and four suggested curriculum layouts.
- A summary of each session designed specifically for parents, designed to foster communication about the faith among families.
- A list of key terms before every session to help build the vocabulary of the teenagers.
- Teachings that are theologically accurate, 100% faithful to the Magisterium, and contain numerous references to Sacred Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and a variety of Church documents.
- A relevant, engaging, and relational approach to catechesis and preparation for the sacrament.
- Small group questions that challenge teenagers to reach a new spiritual depth.
- A variety of prayers taken from the rich tradition of the Catholic Church.
Additionally, this new version of One Eight has been modeled after the Rite of Christian Initiation and includes several prayer services modeled after RCIA rites. These include:
- A renewal of Baptismal promises.
- Signing of the Senses ritual with sponsors and candidates.
- Commitment Service modified from Rite of Election.
- Re-presentation of the Creed.
One Eight DVD
The old One Eight DVD is no longer available. A new One Eight DVD is being created for 2013.